SMVE social events are a fun way to meet neighbors, both new and those have been here a longer time. A variety of different kinds of events have been held over the years. Recently, informal get-togethers with homeowners bringing their own beverages and appetizers to share have been popular. An Ice Cream Social in the summer is a popular relief to the heat. We’ve had narrated slide shows on nature and travel.
SMVE HOA alcohol policy allows homeowners to bring and consume alcoholic beverages in the Clubhouse and ramadas, but not in the pool areas. SMVE HOA itself does not serve or sell alcoholic beverages.
Hospitality events are produced entirely by SMVE residents who compose the Hospitality Committee. The more volunteers we have, the easier events are to produce and the better they can be. And it’s fun to work with other people creating an event! Don’t be shy! The committee would love to have a half dozen ore more new members. Any resident, whether part-time, full-time, or tenant is welcome.
For more information, please contact the ✉ Hospitality Committee chair.
Please see the articles below for more about recent and upcoming events.
Recent and Upcoming Events
- Water Aerobics Begins on Tuesday April 4, 2017
- SMVE March Social Hour – March 9, 2017
- Bring Your Own Beverage and Appetizer Rescheduled
- Bring Your Own Beverage and Brunch Appetizer – January 14, 2017, 10 a.m. – noon
- Bring Your Own Beverage and Appetizer – Dec 6
- Fall 2016 Hospitality Committee Report
- Bring Your Own Beverage and Appetizer
- Spring 2016 Hospitality Committee Report
- SMVE Spring Potluck 2016
- Water Aerobics Resumes on April 12th
- Fall 2015 Hospitality Committee Report
- Volunteer with the Hospitality Committee!
- “Poles Apart” — with a dash of climate change!
- Water Aerobics 2015 Season Ends
- Beat the Heat with SMVE Ice Cream Social on Saturday, September 12, 2015
- Upcoming Hospitality Events
- Water Aerobics Resumes on April 2nd
- Come to the Finger Food Fest on March 7th
- Social Activities in 2014
- Birds and Animals of Brazil’s Pantanal – Nov 1 – with Bill Page