Steve Struck: ✉ Steve Struck, Maintenance Chair
Because of the importance of this information and the impact it may have to your schedules, this information was also released as an email alert yesterday (April 7) to ensure as many homeowners as possible are aware of the upcoming impacts and have time to adjust schedules. We know that this work is disruptive but it is an important piece of maintaining the investments we make on our roads and we appreciate your patience and flexibility as we seal the roads paved in 2017 and 2018. While the information below is the same information you received in the alert, we’ve elected to also post to the web so you can pull it up again as we approach May 7th. This information will appear on the “Major Projects Tab” so you can locate it quickly and won’t have to scroll through more recent articles to find it.
Dates: Tuesday, May 7 – Thursday, May 9, 2019
- Strada de Acero (all)
- N Via Sempreverde (Otono to just south of Strada de Acero)
- N Via Velazquez (from Gelsomino to Otono)
- North pool parking lot
- All adjacent parking and mail box areas on the roads above
Roads that won’t be accessible but not being sealed:
- Via Cedri
- Via Frasino
- Largo Salici
Tuesday, May 7 No on street parking on either side of roads being sealed. The west sides of Otono, Velazquez and Sempreverde will be sealed, and all of Strada de Acero. Work will start about 7 AM, beginning at the north end of Otono, moving south, then Sempreverde and Strada de Acero, concluding about 3 PM.
Wednesday, May 8 No on street parking on either side of roads being sealed. The east sides of Otono, Velazquez and Sempreverde will be sealed. Work will start about 7 AM, beginning at the south end of Velazquez, moving north on Otono, then south on the east side of Sempreverde. Work will conclude about 3 PM.
Thursday, May 9 No parking on any sealed area will be permitted. Driving is permitted, but no parking on sealed streets, mail areas, parking areas or the north pool parking lot.
Tuesday, May 7 Streets being sealed will have one-way traffic northbound only. There will be no entry to SMVE from Sunrise. This will continue until 7 AM on Wednesday, May 8.
Wednesday, May 8 Streets being sealed will have one-way traffic southbound only. There will be no northbound traffic on any sealed road. This will continue until 7 AM on Thursday, May 9.
- Cure time for the seal material is about 24 hours. Any damage done as a result of using the new surface before it is released is not the responsibility of the contractor or the HOA.
- No on street parking on sealed roads will be permitted anytimeTuesday, May 7 through Thursday, May 9. If you park on the street you will be towed.
- There will be signs that read, “No Through Traffic,” at the three southern entrances to the HOA from Territory and the northern entrance on Sunrise.
- There will be “Road Closed” barricades at either end of the lanes that are actively being sealed. “Road Closed” means no kidding. Driving through fresh sealer will create a terrible mess.
Important Guidelines To Follow:
- If you live on any of the affected streets, please do not schedule any work by contractors during the period from Tuesday, May 7 to Thursday, May 9.
- Overnight on street parking will be permitted May 7 and 8 on roads not being sealed.Please park on the west sides of roads only so that the roads are not blocked to traffic and emergency vehicles.
- Best entry to the HOA will be via Territory, especially for those not directly affected.
- Try to schedule your personal life so that you do not have to come and go Tuesday, May 7 and Wednesday, May 8.
- If you must leave the neighborhood those days, plan to leave before 7 AM and not return until after 3 PM.
- While walking on freshly sealed areas can be done somewhat before auto traffic is permitted, you do so at your own risk. Neither the contractor nor the HOA bears any responsibility for damage or injury caused by tracking fresh sealer from the work areas.
- Parking will be permitted on the west side of unaffected streets on May 7, 8 and 9.
- There will be no trash pickup on Thursday, May 9. We need to keep heavy trucks off the fresh sealer an extra day.
- Mail delivery on Tuesday, May 7 and Wednesday, May 8 will be on a best effort basis for the 5 mail box areas affected. Depending on timing, mail may not be delivered on those days. We will coordinate with the post office.
- Other package delivery will be on a best effort basis. We will inform Fed Ex, Amazon and UPS of the construction parameters. Please schedule shipments to arrive before or after these dates.
- Consider coordinating with your neighbors to share driveway parking. This could limit the disruption.
- If you have a specific problem that cannot be addressed by adjusting your schedule, please contact Steve Struck at 508 965 7411 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to work with residents on specific problems, but please recognize the reality of this project: the sealer takes 24 hours to cure and there is no easy way around that.